Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pain in My....Big Toe

Have you ever experienced a sharp pain across the top of your big toe as you run? As crazy as it sounds, I have. It doesn't happen to me everytime, but when it does the pain is pretty intense.

Is my form off?
I am usually aware of how I am running, but that could be it.

Do I need a new pair of shoes?
It's possible. My current pair has about 475 miles on them.

Are there any pre-run stretches that I can do?
Seriously! I am willing to try anything so that I can avoid the pain.

I have Googled "Big Toe Pain", but most of the results are dealing with "Runner's Toe", which isn't what I have...

I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Taunya said...

That's a lot of miles on one pair--I've read you should replace them at no more than 500 miles. I bet new shoes will do the trick.

Good luck!

9/04/2006 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home